Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Perfect Moment

It's been a while since I have written. I presume that most anyone that follows this will excuse the lapse given the holiday season and the rush that seems to pervade this time of year. And what a rush it has been this time around.

I'm reading a book that I picked up at the airport entitled "2012: The Return of Queztalcoatl" by a man named Daniel Pinchbeck, and so far, I find it fascinating and would recommend it. But if you take my holiday rush wrap it in some emotional semi-upheaval and multiply that by a mind-trip to the nth degree, then you can start to understand where I have found myself at the end of this year. What a learning experience! It has certainly been one hell of a year. All for the betterment and enlightenment of me. No doubt about that. It hasn't always been easy to see that, but I do see it, at least when I choose to.

I mentioned the book because it has given me a new word: kairos. Now, I've told you before that I am a nerd through and through, and one of my greatest joys is reading books that expand my vocabulary. "Kairos" is a Greek word meaning: the right moment. This "right moment" is meant more as it pertains to the "metamorphosis of the gods". 2008 has been kairos for me. It has been kairos for you too. It could not be another way.

There is so much fear put upon our world through media, politicians, our parents, teachers, you name it. There is a global economic meltdown, an impending climatological disaster, there are corrupt politicians, corrupt bankers, scandalous religious leaders, and just general all-around bad guys running amok. Wow! That all seems so overwhelmingly gloomy.

I propose to you that this planet is in kairos. I propose that this planet is a direct reflection of the collective human consciousness and psyche. That these inevitable cataclysms are all part of the perfect order that will enable us as a species to evolve to the next level of consciousness. These are by no means any new words. I'm not trying to pretend I have single-handedly wrestled some great truth from the jaws of the mysterious unknown. Ghandi said this many years ago. Jung said it. Jesus the Christ said it even longer ago. If we can agree that there is a collective consciousness then I will assume that we can agree that it all starts with us, the individual as we each contribute to it everyday in our own way.

I'll explain to you what I mean. Have you ever done something or seen someone else do something that you or they "shouldn't" have been able to do, but you or they were successful because "you/they didn't know any better"? I thought about this today while I was around my niece and two nephews. They were playing outside and the sun was slowly disappearing and a wind began whipping around the backyard. My immediate thought was they should put on a jacket so they would keep warm and not catch a cold. Then I thought, well, if they don't know they will catch a cold, will they? My next thought was, perhaps it's too late because they could get sick just from the fact that everyone and their mother through the ages has believed that kids will get sick if they don't put on their jackets when it gets a little chilly. So, if they did get sick, would it be their own doing, our the collective of human consciousness passed down through the ages? And if it is the collective, how do we start changing that? And did I reinforce that collective by merely thinking those thoughts? Oh, what a tangled web. But I'm getting a bit carried away, and I'll get back to this right moment.

I'm doing my best to acknowledge the lessons I have been given, and I am working at being grateful in my pain for my experience and the wisdom gained. I am successful and then I slip, but hopefully I learn how to hold my ground a little better each time. I am spending some time in Arkansas with my family which is a fun little test all by itself being in the middle of nowhere. I went for a run today, and I tried my best to run a loop that I had driven with my dad a few times. I made some unnecessary turns, but I persevered. At about the third unnecessary turn, I heard a voice in my head, who I believe was my grandfather passed, and he said, "You lost young fella?" I heard myself say, "No sir, I just discovered some ways that don't lead back to the house."

We are always learning. There is nothing that happens to us that we don't need to grow and mature. Some days are easier than others. Sometimes the thing you thought you got past creeps up and bites you again. It's ok. These things will happen. We English speakers have borrowed something from the French to say it beautifully: "C'est la vie". Live. Learn. Always love. No matter what, always love. If we can just hold on to that, then we will see everything as kairos, and that will, indeed, lead us to a metamorphosis of pure light and truth. I hope you enjoyed this post, and I hope that it meant something to you, but I will be honest, I wrote this one, as I do most, to me for my own healing. Enjoy this moment. It is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment