Thursday, December 18, 2008

Hell Freezes Over?

Hell. Sin City. It's close enough, right? Some people think of Las Vegas as the modern day Sodom and Gomorrah, although those people were eradicated by flames and brimstone, not buried in fluffy white goodness. And what exactly is brimstone, anyway? Can you just add hickory chips and pile on your favorite dead animals and veggies? (By the way, I do know what brimstone is, don't insult my intelligence, only I get to do that to you - er, I mean massage your minds. Look it up, if you don't know. I only have two words for Sodom and Gomorrah: Pee and Yew!) Ok, I digress.

Not much to say about this one, but if you still doubt that our climate is changing rather rapidly and perhaps drastically, check out the link for this one (just click on the title). I have been to Vegas several times. I have been there in the "winter" months, and I have never brought my overcoat, galoshes and gloves, nor have I needed my windshield scraper.

Yeah, yeah, you say, but who really knows? And you're right. I remember a Christmas outside Chicago when I was a kid where we opened the windows because it was so warm and pleasant outside. So maybe it all means nothing. Or maybe it's time to dust off the sandwich board I made so I can stand on the corner clanging my bell, letting my hair and beard grow long and scraggly, proclaiming that NOW is the time to repent as the final judgment is surely at hand. Sinners! The lot of you! All sinners!

Forgive me, that was a dream I had a few nights ago. Well, anyhoo, I'll be praying that we become an island in the Pacific! I really want to live on the beach, I just don't really want to move. Wow, I really need an editor. So, bundle up kiddos! I'll see you next time on the Impending Disaster Channel!

No comments:

Post a Comment