Sunday, December 7, 2008

A Case Of Weights and Measures

So the unattached observing can be incredibly difficult, and perhaps even more so when you know that you are supposed to be doing it. What is this balancing act required of us? And where two or more are gathered in Balancing's name, who or what decides what is an acceptable and just equilibrium? And if one of the two, or three of the five, or 1,000 of the 1,000,000 do not agree on what is precisely the middle, how do we measure fairness to all involved?

I am learning to live and love without reservation. And believe me, if there were a maitre d for this life, I would much prefer to have called in my reservation a few years ago, and be certain of where I was sitting and that a wonderful meal would soon be on its way. To be fair, just being in the restaurant is fun in and of itself. Perhaps, not knowing where one is sitting is fuel for the excitement and joy of just being, and, besides, you still know there is a wonderfully delicious meal awaiting you once you are seated. Life without reservation is a most interesting challenge that is seemingly the perfect fit for me to overcome in this moment.

Our strength is in ourselves. The weight of any situation is determined by us and us alone. We are measured not by others, but by standards self-imposed. There is no reason for obstacles. Obstacles are for the unfocused, undetermined, and unsure. Challenges are for those who are sharp and clear in their intent. The difference is vast. I am finding my way to seeing obstacles as challenges and knowing in my heart what is clear for my life. To all who are reading this, know that I love you. I am doing my best to make that statement pure. Truly. With all that I have to give without reservation.

No comments:

Post a Comment