Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Australia - Go See It!

As a bit of a skeptic in terms of my waning faith in what Hollywood can produce that actually has merit, it is with great joy that I completely recommend that you go see Australia. The movie, not the piece of land that is sometimes a continent and sometimes a country depending on the context. If you have the means and the time, however, by all means, go see that land. I have yet to visit that particular piece of this rock in this dimension, but I am all for adventure, and I can only imagine (or Google) what beauty is inherent in that place.

For now, I will not spoil anything for those who have yet to see it by commenting too much on the film and the wonderfully touching moments that I experienced while enjoying every second of the 160 some odd minutes of this epic. Suffice it to say for now, that there is a longing for magic, love and true beauty in our lives today, and many times we look to books, movies and our televisions to give us a sense of what we either consciously or unconsciously acknowledge as a lack of the divine in our everyday lives. Soon, i trust and believe, this sense of the divine will become a commonplace experience for us all.

That being said, go see this film. It is full of love, beauty, magic and a divinity for which all of us yearn. In the words of some great poets on Saturday Night Live, "Hear me now, believe me later." I leave you with these words: I will sing you to this movie. Go see it, and these words will make sense. One day soon, we won't need to see a movie, for these words will become the norm of what we experience in every aspect of this adventure we call life.

No comments:

Post a Comment