Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Patience The Virtue

Virtue: a quality considered morally good or desirable in a person.

Well, that is Oxford's definition. You can click on the title of the post for WikiAnswer's reasons for patience being considered a virtue. Somewhat surprisingly to me, I like the answer they give.

Something in which I have always felt particularly strong, or in possession of abundantly, is patience. So, I find it ironic that what I have always felt to be my strongest virtue is suddenly the one thing with which I am struggling the most.

The path is there. I see it clearly. However, my path is not the only one. There seems to be a braiding or intertwining of paths, and mine is my own, but my path is inextricably woven with the paths of others. There is a junction on the horizon, but I can only move down my path. Everything else is beyond my control. I'm praying for more patience despite the exorbitant amount with which I have been graced. I'm ready. I could be a fool, but I could be brilliant. And I know for sure that I am most definitely ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment